Welcome to my blog, Whats this about then?

This is a place where I will be posting all sorts of things not just things relating to Derby and Derbyshire. On here you will find details of any videos I’ve made of things in Derby and also Time-lapse, stop motion animation, Tutorials etc. If I find some useful software for PC or iPhone then I will feature it here.I’m sure that there will be something of interest to someone on my many posts.Please leave comments on any posts if you like them.
Don’t forget if you are new to my blog and would like to read through the previous posts then see the Blog Archive section on the left side of this page.
Also there is a Search box at the top left of the page if you are looking for something but cant remember where it was. I am a trustee member of "Friends of Friar Gate bridge", aiming to get this bridge restored.

Monday 31 January 2011

Web visitor statistics, 21 million hits in last 3 years !

If you are a webmaster then web stats and visitor traffic is something you will be all too familiar with.
I used to use some software called Openwebscope to create the graphs but this used to involve downloading large log files from the server and then running them through the software to analyse the data.
In recent years things have progressed a lot and you can now look at the data via a web page based system.
Below is a screen grab of SmartStats Enterprise running on my web host.

The chart covers all of the months February 2008 to January 2011 and shows how many visitors Hits and bandwidth was used for each month along with a total.
My website has been online since 2001 but stats like these were not as easy to create as they are now.
As you can see 21 million hits in the last 3 years, serving nearly 250Gb of data.

Statistical web site visitor traffic for derbyphotos.co.uk over last three years :

Smarterstats for my website last three years

My YouTube video channel has been online since July 2006 and has quite a following of 574 subscribers so far. I have 196 videos on my channel, most of them are local videos of Derby and Derbyshire and they have had 2,198,306 views so far !!

I started my blog in July 2009 and this has had over twenty one thousand visitors so far which is not too bad.

Hope you found this of interest.
Andy

No comments:

Post a Comment