Welcome to my blog, Whats this about then?

This is a place where I will be posting all sorts of things not just things relating to Derby and Derbyshire. On here you will find details of any videos I’ve made of things in Derby and also Time-lapse, stop motion animation, Tutorials etc. If I find some useful software for PC or iPhone then I will feature it here.I’m sure that there will be something of interest to someone on my many posts.Please leave comments on any posts if you like them.
Don’t forget if you are new to my blog and would like to read through the previous posts then see the Blog Archive section on the left side of this page.
Also there is a Search box at the top left of the page if you are looking for something but cant remember where it was. I am a trustee member of "Friends of Friar Gate bridge", aiming to get this bridge restored.

Tuesday 15 February 2011

Heaven 17 to play Buxton Opera House 27 February.

Are you in your 40s, if so I'm sure you will remember the 80's band Heaven 17 who had lots of hits such as Temptation, come live with me and Let me go. Well here is a chance to see them again in a couple of weeks at Buxton Opera house in Derbyshire.

Penthouse & Pavement, with its singles We Don’t Need This Fascist Groove Thang and Play To WinThe Luxury Gap, featuring the hit singles Temptation, Come Live With Me, Crushed by the Wheels of Industry and Let Me Go and further success followed with tracks including This Is Mine and Sunset Now. was followed by the hugely successful Now, with core line-up of Martyn Ware and Glenn Gregory augmented by the soaring backing vocals of Billie Godfrey, Heaven 17 are able finally to recreate the studio-based sounds of their albums on the live stage.

Plus support act Go Go Bot.
If you have forgotten what they sounded like, here is a video of a DVD out now :


Also I'm sure you have probably seen them in a recent TV advert for plusnet.
Its says on the ticket "plus support" I wonder who thats going to be?



More info on Heaven 17 :

Heaven 17 at Buxton Opera House.

Heaven 17.

I got my tickets a couple of weeks ago so if you want to go you need to ring up today and get yours. It only cost  65p to get the tickets posted out and no debit card fee to pay ! So nice to be able to get the tickets cheap unlike those ticketmaster ones where they charge silly admin fees etc.

Andy

No comments:

Post a Comment