Welcome to my blog, Whats this about then?

This is a place where I will be posting all sorts of things not just things relating to Derby and Derbyshire. On here you will find details of any videos I’ve made of things in Derby and also Time-lapse, stop motion animation, Tutorials etc. If I find some useful software for PC or iPhone then I will feature it here.I’m sure that there will be something of interest to someone on my many posts.Please leave comments on any posts if you like them.
Don’t forget if you are new to my blog and would like to read through the previous posts then see the Blog Archive section on the left side of this page.
Also there is a Search box at the top left of the page if you are looking for something but cant remember where it was. I am a trustee member of "Friends of Friar Gate bridge", aiming to get this bridge restored.

Tuesday 15 March 2011

Mercian Way, Final section of Derby's inner ring road will be opened Wednesday 16th March 2011.

THE final link in Derby's inner ring road will be opened tomorrow 16th March, marking the completion of major work on the city's £36.2m Connecting Derby scheme.
Mercian Way will be opened at 1.30pm and will connect the new Stafford Street roundabout with the Burton Road roundabout and Lara Croft Way, which was opened in July 2010.

Once the inner ring road has been open for a bit and settled down I will create a new driving video of it in the same manner as the one I did in 2009 - Video of Derby inner ring road by car.
If you missed my driving video of Lara Croft Way then view that to see where this final section will connect at the top of Babbington Lane.

Photograph of Mercian Way the day before it opens.
View looking up from Abbey Street toward Lara Croft Way.
Mercian Way, Derby March 15th 2011

View looking up from Abbey Street toward Lara Croft Way.
Mercian Way, Derby March 15th 2011

Photograph of Mercian Way the day before it opens.
View looking towards Stafford Street from Abbey Street.
Mercian Way, Derby March 15th 2011

Map showing the final section that opens on Wednesday 16th March :

View Derby inner ring road - Lara Croft Way and Mercian Way. in a larger map

You may remember that Lara Croft Way opened up way back in July 2010, at last we will be able to drive from Friar Gate all the way to it using this new road.


Thanks
Andy

1 comment:

  1. These are good photos. It was pure chance that I found out about the opening, less than two hours before. Driving down Abbey Street the previous evening, I thought Mercian Way looked practically ready to open.

    ReplyDelete