Welcome to my blog, Whats this about then?

This is a place where I will be posting all sorts of things not just things relating to Derby and Derbyshire. On here you will find details of any videos I’ve made of things in Derby and also Time-lapse, stop motion animation, Tutorials etc. If I find some useful software for PC or iPhone then I will feature it here.I’m sure that there will be something of interest to someone on my many posts.Please leave comments on any posts if you like them.
Don’t forget if you are new to my blog and would like to read through the previous posts then see the Blog Archive section on the left side of this page.
Also there is a Search box at the top left of the page if you are looking for something but cant remember where it was. I am a trustee member of "Friends of Friar Gate bridge", aiming to get this bridge restored.

Sunday 15 May 2011

Video - Driving around Derby, Allenton to Derby City Centre August 2009

Here is a video I have recently uploaded to my YouTube channel.
I drove this route on Sunday 9th August 2009 starting at 2pm.
It starts in Allenton, Derby and goes under Spider Bridge along Osmaston Road all the way to the Town Centre and back out again.
I just found this footage in my collection and realised that I had forgot to upload it two years ago!
I thought I would get it online as it features some areas I've not yet covered in my Derby streets by car collection.

Watching this now it makes you realise just how much has changed in Derby in just a short amount of time.
For instance at 04:18 Lara Croft Way was only half open at this time.
At 05:30 you can see Derby Bus Station being built.
At 05:39 all the Morledge area looks old and dated in this footage.
At 06:51 Feels wrong going to the right of the pub here instead of going along the new "Quaker Way" but of course that new bit of road was not built back then.

This video is slightly faster than realtime, I have edited out the longer periods of waiting at traffic lights.

Music :
The music I have selected for my video is used under Creative Commons Licence :
Queenie's Dream of Flight Remix by Platinium Butterfly
http://ccmixter.org/files/F_Fact/30979

The video : 
Watch in FULL SCREEN mode! at 720p for best view.


Thanks
Andy

No comments:

Post a Comment