Welcome to my blog, Whats this about then?

This is a place where I will be posting all sorts of things not just things relating to Derby and Derbyshire. On here you will find details of any videos I’ve made of things in Derby and also Time-lapse, stop motion animation, Tutorials etc. If I find some useful software for PC or iPhone then I will feature it here.I’m sure that there will be something of interest to someone on my many posts.Please leave comments on any posts if you like them.
Don’t forget if you are new to my blog and would like to read through the previous posts then see the Blog Archive section on the left side of this page.
Also there is a Search box at the top left of the page if you are looking for something but cant remember where it was. I am a trustee member of "Friends of Friar Gate bridge", aiming to get this bridge restored.

Saturday 13 August 2011

Video - Great British Beer Festival 2011 at Earls Court, entertainment by The Bad Shepherds.

Last weekend we visited the Great British Beer Festival in London, this took place at Earls Court.
The strangest thing was going all the way down to London from Derby and the very first flyer that was handed out to me was one for The National Brewery Centre at Burton on Trent !

Here is a short video I took of the live entertainment on Friday night, it was provided by The Bad Shepherds who consist of :
Adrian Edmondson, Troy Donockley And Andy Dinan
For more information and a list of tour dates when you can see them in your area see their website:
http://www.thebadshepherds.com

As it happens they are performing at Derby in November
The gigs page is here:
http://www.thebadshepherds.com/gigs.php

YES Adrian Edmondson is the guy that played Vyvyan in the 80s TV show The Young Ones.

The cover song performed here is Rise by Public Image Ltd (originally released Jan 1986).
My video at the GBBF 2011 :


Were you there? Perhaps you may see yourself at the start of my video.
The Cider in the glass at the end of my video was Tutts Clump a Perry Cider.
Glass Hire at this event was £3 a glass
The GBBF had over 1000 Real Ales and Ciders and ran from 2nd to the 6th August 2011.



The nearest underground tube station to this place is Earls Court underground, the exit to this station brings you right to the entrance to the venue!
If your stopping in London near Kings Cross then its a very simple journey on the Piccadilly Line with no changes.
For more info on The Great British Beer Festival see their website :
http://gbbf.camra.org.uk/home
The 2012 Great British Beer Festival event is taking place at Olympia in London.

Andy

No comments:

Post a Comment