Welcome to my blog, Whats this about then?

This is a place where I will be posting all sorts of things not just things relating to Derby and Derbyshire. On here you will find details of any videos I’ve made of things in Derby and also Time-lapse, stop motion animation, Tutorials etc. If I find some useful software for PC or iPhone then I will feature it here.I’m sure that there will be something of interest to someone on my many posts.Please leave comments on any posts if you like them.
Don’t forget if you are new to my blog and would like to read through the previous posts then see the Blog Archive section on the left side of this page.
Also there is a Search box at the top left of the page if you are looking for something but cant remember where it was. I am a trustee member of "Friends of Friar Gate bridge", aiming to get this bridge restored.

Tuesday 13 September 2011

How to make a 2012 personalised calendar from your own photographs. Free templates provided

Looking for a personalized gift this Christmas that will be enjoyed all year?
A couple of years ago I created a set of calendar templates and a video tutorial on how to use them. This has proved very popular with over nine thousand people following my guide so far.

Here is an example of what you will be able to create using my free 2012 Calendar templates....
one of my 2012 Calendar Templates

It will soon be Christmas and you may find this of use, I created an easy to follow tutorial on how to make a printed calendar using photographs YOU have taken.
The monthly calendar templates are provided free so you can make a unique gift for someone right now.
All you need is Corel PaintShop Photo Pro (or any photo editing software that supports layers such as Gimp, Photoshop etc), A colour printer, some Matt finish paper and 12 images of your choice.

If you are interested in giving it a go then have a look at my 2012 Calendar Guide page here :
Complete guide on how to make a 2012 personalised calendar from your own photographs. < - Click me now to start making a great gift for Christmas.

I hope this has inspired you to have a go at producing a truly unique personalised Xmas present that you will be remembered for, for the whole year ahead. Use Matt Paper as I suggest and it will not cost a lot of money to make several of these calendars.

Matt Paper allows printing of high resolution images but has a finish that you can write on which you need for a calendar! Matt paper can be bought for as little as 4 Pence per sheet.



In my written guide I have supplied detailed instructions on how to use my templates with Photoshop and I will shortly be doing the same for the free image editing software Gimp.
If you think its too early yet to think about Christmas then don't worry I will re-post this on my blog again each month up to Christmas. If you do find my tutorial of use then please leave a comment on either the video or my blog post saying what you created.

Thanks
Andy

4 comments:

  1. This is fabulous. I'm now creating the Grandma's xmas pressies!
    I'm using Gimp and your instructions are very concise and easy to follow.
    I wonder whether you may have templates for portrait images?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Louise, I could create some portrait templates but it would mean either reducing the size of the date area which would make the calendar less usefull OR making the photo area smaller which would reduce the imapact of your images.
    I'm glad you found my guide easy to follow.
    Andy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Andy, where do you get the little binding combs and hooks from? Thanks Suzy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Suzy, the combs and hooks are available from any hood stationers such as Staples or Office World etc. Probably on ebay too!

    ReplyDelete