Welcome to my blog, Whats this about then?

This is a place where I will be posting all sorts of things not just things relating to Derby and Derbyshire. On here you will find details of any videos I’ve made of things in Derby and also Time-lapse, stop motion animation, Tutorials etc. If I find some useful software for PC or iPhone then I will feature it here.I’m sure that there will be something of interest to someone on my many posts.Please leave comments on any posts if you like them.
Don’t forget if you are new to my blog and would like to read through the previous posts then see the Blog Archive section on the left side of this page.
Also there is a Search box at the top left of the page if you are looking for something but cant remember where it was. I am a trustee member of "Friends of Friar Gate bridge", aiming to get this bridge restored.

Sunday 4 September 2011

Video of a Time-lapse car journey from Derby to the Clumber Park 80's Flashback Festival in August 2011.

Two weeks ago on Saturday 20th August I went to the 80's Flashback Festival at Clumber Park in Nottinghamshire. This video is a time-lapse car drive from Derby to Clumber Park and includes a few seconds of the groups as well as the amazing Firework display at the end.

The main acts this year were Toyah Willcox, Nik Kershaw, Heaven 17, Level 42 and The Human League. The show finished with an amzing firework display which you can see at the end of my driving video.

My video Derby to Clumber Park 80's Flashback Festival :


The first band came on stage about 5pm that was Wham Duran (a tribute band) and the Headline Act The League did not finish their set until 11pm !

I have recorded this at 1080p so if you have a very fast PC and superfast Internet connection then set to 1080p Full Screen for the best view of it.

It was recorded on Saturday 20th August 2011.

The Bands performing this year were
Wham Duran (tribute band)
Toyah Willcox
Nik Kershaw
Heaven 17
Level 42
Human League.



All the groups did a great show, I liked The Heaven 17 tracks best of all. They did an amzing long version of Temptation which you can see in this video - Heaven 17 Temptation at Clumber Park 2011.

---------------------------------------
Hardware used for time-lapse:
My modified Canon Ixus camera as detailed here :
http://timescapes.org/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=170

PAS Camera used:
Hardware Modified Canon Ixus 430
Picture taken every 1.5 seconds.
Photographs taken at 2272x1704 pixels
Exposure time fixed at 1/400 sec.
The jpeg files sizes are between 191Kb to 729Kb, image size varies depending on brightness and complexity of the image.
The 3043 Photographs were 1.02Gb in total
Stored onto a Sandisk Ultra III 8Gb SD Card
---------------------------------------

The Video footage of the Fireworks and performers was done with my Sony HDRCX115EB HD Camcorder


Driving Route:
Starting in Derby most of the journey is on the A38, that last bit on A617 and A614 to Clumber Park.

Detailed Driving Route Map :
http://g.co/maps/mfhn
---------------------------------------
Music used in this video :
"Time Passing By" by Jason Shaw @ audionautix.com
used under creative commons license. Attribution 3.0 United States (CC BY 3.0)
http://www.audionautix.com/

I hope you enjoyed my video, please leave a comment if you did.

Thanks
Andy

No comments:

Post a Comment