Welcome to my blog, Whats this about then?

This is a place where I will be posting all sorts of things not just things relating to Derby and Derbyshire. On here you will find details of any videos I’ve made of things in Derby and also Time-lapse, stop motion animation, Tutorials etc. If I find some useful software for PC or iPhone then I will feature it here.I’m sure that there will be something of interest to someone on my many posts.Please leave comments on any posts if you like them.
Don’t forget if you are new to my blog and would like to read through the previous posts then see the Blog Archive section on the left side of this page.
Also there is a Search box at the top left of the page if you are looking for something but cant remember where it was. I am a trustee member of "Friends of Friar Gate bridge", aiming to get this bridge restored.

Monday 5 December 2011

Video - Bonnie Prince Charlie Annual Battle Re-enactment in Derby. Sunday December 4th 2011

Here is my latest video : Bonnie Prince Charlie Annual Battle Re-enactment in Derby.
I filmed it on Sunday December 4th 2011. Recorded in 1080p HD so you can watch it at fullscreen in high quality if you have fast broadband and a high spec PC.

Were you at this event?, Perhaps you're in my video.

In the City of Derby, every December since 1990 The Charles Edward Stuart Society have organised this colourful pageant and re-enactment battle on Derby Cathedral Green which culminates in the laying of wreaths at the foot of the Bonnie Prince Charlie statue.

At 02:00 you can see them reach the Jorrocks pub orignally "The George Inn", in Iron Gate, Derby was a coaching inn used by the Duke of Devonshire as his headquarters when commanding the Derbyshire Blues, in readiness for the invasion by Charles Edward Stuart (Bonnie Prince Charlie) in 1745.

When the prince arrived in Derby on 4 December, he called at the inn and demanded billets for his 9000 troops. The event is re-enacted every year on the anniversary of the Prince's arrival.

My 2011 Video in Derby.


Hope you enjoyed my video, give it the thumbs up and comment if you did.




Who was Bonnie Prince Charlie :
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Charles_Edward_Stuart

For photographs of this event in previous years see my website :
http://www.derbyphotos.co.uk/events/2005/december/bonnieprince_dc/

And also :
http://www.derbyphotos.co.uk/events/2004/december/bonnieprincedc/
 

Thanks
Andy
www.derbyphotos.co.uk

No comments:

Post a Comment