Welcome to my blog, Whats this about then?

This is a place where I will be posting all sorts of things not just things relating to Derby and Derbyshire. On here you will find details of any videos I’ve made of things in Derby and also Time-lapse, stop motion animation, Tutorials etc. If I find some useful software for PC or iPhone then I will feature it here.I’m sure that there will be something of interest to someone on my many posts.Please leave comments on any posts if you like them.
Don’t forget if you are new to my blog and would like to read through the previous posts then see the Blog Archive section on the left side of this page.
Also there is a Search box at the top left of the page if you are looking for something but cant remember where it was. I am a trustee member of "Friends of Friar Gate bridge", aiming to get this bridge restored.

Wednesday 25 April 2012

Want to know how many times your shutter has been operated on your DSLR?, try this.


I've been having some problems recently with my DSLR Camera, A Nikon D70 relating to the shutter button. You press it down and the camera does not auto-focus at all and only takes a photograph sometimes, mainly if you press it near the front of the button. The same problem on all three lenses. Using the remote control does not auto-focus but does trigger the shutter. However pressing the AE-AF button does make it focus. Battery fully charged, flash card good, gold lens contacts cleaned but stil no luck.

I found this very handy website that tells you how many times your cameras shutter has been activated. Handy if you have bought your camera second hand and are wondering how many photographs have been taken with it.

All you do is visit the website www.myshuttercount.com and upload your latest photograph and seconds later it displays the following information about your camera. (you can upload Nikon's NEF, Pentax's DNG and PEF format or JPG).

As you can see below my Nikon D70 has only taken 7306 photographs so the shutter button should not really be faulty by now.
The results page after uploading an image.


If you are selling a DSLR on ebay then this website is very useful as it provides a weblink to the results so you can use this on your ebay listing as proof that your camera has a low shuter count.

Hope you find this of use.
Andy

No comments:

Post a Comment