Welcome to my blog, Whats this about then?

This is a place where I will be posting all sorts of things not just things relating to Derby and Derbyshire. On here you will find details of any videos I’ve made of things in Derby and also Time-lapse, stop motion animation, Tutorials etc. If I find some useful software for PC or iPhone then I will feature it here.I’m sure that there will be something of interest to someone on my many posts.Please leave comments on any posts if you like them.
Don’t forget if you are new to my blog and would like to read through the previous posts then see the Blog Archive section on the left side of this page.
Also there is a Search box at the top left of the page if you are looking for something but cant remember where it was. I am a trustee member of "Friends of Friar Gate bridge", aiming to get this bridge restored.

Tuesday 17 February 2015

My videos of the 2015 Ashbourne Shrovetide Football from Tuesday 17th February.

This blog post will be updated as I edit and upload new videos from today's Ashbourne Shrovetide Football. I will announce any new videos on Twitter - www.twitter.com/AndySavage1969

My review of today.
The weather was amazing, perfect blue skies and bright sun Not a drop of rain or snow, the ground however was rather wet and muddy due to the rain we had on Monday.

This was one of the most busy games I have ever seen in the 13 years I have been going to this event. I had to park a lot further away that I have had to before due to the amount of cars.

Mobile phone data network issues at Ashbourne Shrovetide Football :(
If your a keen follower of Ashbourne Shrovetide Football then you are probably aware that this year for the first time there was to be a live video stream made available  at www.shrovetide.tv
I'm on O2 and as I walked towards the Shawcroft carpark there was only 3G, No 4G but at least it was full strength 3G signal so was able to do a few tweets as I got towards the turning up plinth.

Then at about 1:45pm I tried to tweet a panorama of the crowds and the Twitter progress bar did not move at all. I tried various things such as turning the phone fully off and on and even deleted Twitter App but then I found I could not connect to the App store to re install it. In fact I then found nothing worked that uses Data even thought it said 3G. I had to assume my iPhone6 had gone faulty. I then spoke to a few other people with smartphones on o2 and they said they had the same problem. Oh no, the one time I need to use data and o2 have let me down.
I could no longer send any Tweets or even find out anything about the current location of the ball. It was only when I started to walk back to the car, out of the Town thatnmy phone must have connected to a different GSM mast as data started working again so was able to install Twitter. I then tried the live streaming website but found that that was not working due to ee not working !!!!
Sounds like there was a serious problem with GSM in Ashbourne today.
When I got back to Derby I tried the live streams again on 50Mb Broadband but I see neither camera is working.

A goal was scored at 7.52pm goal by Up’ard Vince Brayne.


My Videos from Ashbourne Shrovetide Football:
This is a Slow Motion video (240fps) of Mick Pepper turning up the ball at Ashbourne Shrovetide Football 2015 on Tuesday 17th February. Look at all those hands waiting to grab the ball !
Was that YOUR hand it bounced off first?





Part 1 of my video collection for Tuesday's Ashbourne Shrovetide Football 2015:


Part 2 of my video collection for Tuesday's Ashbourne Shrovetide Football 2015:


Part 3 of my video collection for Tuesday's Ashbourne Shrovetide Football 2015:

Part 4 of my video collection for Tuesday's Ashbourne Shrovetide Football 2015:


Thanks
Andy

No comments:

Post a Comment